How to use the application "CD-Text for Simple Burner"
Installation - preparation
- Start the downloaded file (cdtext4sb_xxxxx.exe)
You can specify an alternative install folder and choose to create an Icon in
the Start-menu and/or the Desktop
- Open the installed application and choose "Settings".
Specify the path to the Simple Burner executable. (try "Autoset", if it does
not work type it in or search the app it by selecting "...")
- My defaults are "Double Action": true, "Add CD Text: ask"
- Enter your preferred naming scheme for the titles on the MD or choose
- You can reach the uninstall by...
- Open "CD-Text for Simple Burner" and choose "Settings/Deinstallation":
- Open the windows control panel, choose "Add/Remove Software" and select
- Most time you don't need to uninstall an old version before installing a
new version of the program. If this is necessary it will be noted upon
How to transfer your compilation of mp3 files to MD with Nero Image Drive
and Simple Burner
I tested this with German versions of the application mentioned. Therefore
some commands could be labeled differently than expected.
- Open Nero (I prefer the classic mode) (tested using Nero 18.104.22.168)
- Select "new compilation": "Audio-CD"
- Type in the title and artist name, select "New" ("Neu"):
- Add the desired songs to compilation. Drag them from the Windows Shell or
use the file browser in Nero:
- Select the virtual recorder ("Recorder/Selection") ("Rekorder/Rekorderauswahl",
Ctrl+R). Select "image recorder"
- "Burn" the CD image file. ("File/Burn CD") Nero will ask for name and path
of the image.
- After burning has finished, close Nero. You do not need to save the
- Open the application "CD-Text for Simple Burner"
(these four applications are needed for the whole process)
- Now open "Nero ImageDrive", choose "..." and select the image you created
- Because "CD Text for Simple Burner" is already running, it detected the
new inserted (virtual) CD and automatically added the CD Text:
If you have disabled the Auto-Play function of Windows (VMware for example
does this), then the insertion will not be recognized. You should in this case
start "CD-Text for Simple Burner" after you have loaded the image in
Image Drive. My app (from build 33 on) will check all known drives upon start
for an Audio CD. There might be the problem, that the drive will be unknown if
Auto-Play is disabled from the beginning. The next version will therefore
include an Drive-Selection.
- You can now open "Simple Burner" and transfer the music:
- Before closing "Nero ImageDrive", choose "unmount image" ("Auswerfen")
- Delete the CD image (*.nrg)
- If you created your own "real" CDs with CD-Text, "CD-Text for Simple
Burner" will recognize them as well
- If you burn a complete CD there is a high probability that Simple Burner
will recognize the CD even if your source are MP3 files. You then don't need
to start my application.
- You can also drag mp3 compilations to Nero. If you use mainly m3u files,
you might also consider using paolos application.(see the MiniDisc T-Board
- The maximum length of music you can transfer using this method is 150
If you want to transfer more than 150 minutes, you have to create 2
Support/Bugs/Suggestions for improvements